Bevar Sea Gears Up To Launch Their Debut Album
16th October 2012: Bangalore, India's stoner/doom quintet announce the launch of their debut album. The album can be heard via streaming in its entirety, and orders can be placed for limited edition merch items available in various bundles.
The 40 odd minute album opens with “The Smiler”, a live staple in the vein of classic Black Sabbath and Dio. Then comes“Abishtu”, a song about a serial killer and his ride that goes around tormenting hipsters, and is always on the run from the cops. “Universal Sleeper” is the next one, and this has become their set opener of late with its twin guitars, the 70s style hooks, and the classic bluesy doom grooves. Set in limbo, a drug fiend spawns a generation of workers, a populace - bent on mind domination. The album closes with the 14 minute doom and gloom epic in Mono Gnome, a song about a midget, and the hots he has for a witch. Their commune results in a fire, because of a curse that the witch carries that sets the world on fire.
The album was mixed and mastered by Billy Anderson (Neurosis, High on Fire, Sleep, Melvins, etc). The artwork and layouts were done by the band’s lead guitarist and artist Rahul Chacko. The limited edition digipak CD will be released in India on Iron Fist Records, who recently made their debut with Kryptos’ much acclaimed third album. Metalheads, be prepared. Bevar Sea is getting ready to spread the doom all over India and beyond!
Merch Items Available:
Digipak CD: The CD comes in a 6-panel digipak made in 350 gsm paper, featuring the entire nautical themed artwork. Also included is a 12 page booklet.
Embroided Patch: These 3"x3" multi-coloured embroided iron-on patches have been manufactured and sourced from the US exclusively to go with the album.
T-shirt: The 'purple hooded guy' t-shirts are made exclusively for the album. As always, in high quality material and available in the following sizes: Boys - M 38" – 40", L 41" – 43", XL 44" – 46", XXL 47" – 49". Girls - S, M, L.
Print on Silk Fabric: The entire nautical themed artwork is being printed on high grade silk fabric. There will be an additional few inches of plain material on each side to make it easy to mount this on a wooden frame. Perfect for your living room or your man cave!
Bundle 1: [limited to 300 orders only] Digipak CD for 400 INR (or 8 USD)
Bundle 2: [limited to 50 orders only] Patch + CD for 550 INR (or 11 USD)
Bundle 3: [limited to 100 orders only] Patch + Tshirt + CD for 1050 INR (or 21 USD) [free paper poster]
Bundle 4: [limited to 20 orders only] Patch + Tshirt + CD + Fabric print for 2000 INR (or 40 USD) [free paper poster + stickers]
Free and immediate download of the album in digital with all the bundles.
Packaging and shipping, 50 INR or 1 USD anywhere within India or 4 USD international. We ship to any country if you can find a way to pay us!
How to order, in a few easy steps. Please read carefully:
- Listen to the stream of the album in its entirety first, for free! Go to the store here!
- If you like it, order the bundle of your choice by credit card or paypal on the store page itself. We ship to anywhere in the world.
- If you want to pay us by bank transfer (NEFT), here are the details.(a/c number: 05091140020094, Srikanth Panaman, HDFC Bank, Cauvery Bhavan, D - Block, Kempegowda Road, Bangalore - 560008. IFSC Code: HDFC0000509). Make sure you email us at bevarsea at gmail dot com with the transfer reference. Emailing us is mandatory because we don't want to miss your order, and we would like to send you a download link to the album in return!
- Send us a money order: Rahul Chacko, #75, 8th B Main Road, J Block, Koramangala, Bangalore - 560034. Please email us when it's coming our way, so we can send you the download code.
- Or if you're in Bangalore, text Srikanth at 9740010635 or Chacko at 9916055211, and go to their Koramangala residence and drop the cash. The address above. This is our least preferred method because we're a bit tied up with the album work, but that shouldn't stop you.
- Don't forget to include your shirt sizes, postal address, or any other specific instructions to the band.
- Once you pre-order you get to download the album IMMEDIATELY in the format of your choice.
- All bundles to be shipped out around October 30th.
- You can place your pre-orders at the launch party on October19th and collect your download code in person as well. You can go back home and use the code to download the album immediately, and your bundle will be shipped with everyone else's.
- We're doing this so we can get the shirt sizes right, and to avoid ordering too many or too little of particular sizes. Also our patches are being shipped from the US, so it will be a few days till it reaches us.
Bevar Sea are:
From left to right: Avinash Menon: Bass, Deepak Raghu: Drums & Designs, Rahul Chacko: Guitars & Artwork, Ganesh Krishnaswamy: Vocals & Lyrics, Srikanth Panaman: Guitars & Music
Official Photographs: Munz Photography